In 1854 the Sunderland PM District Ministerial Association began to publish lectures given at its meetings in a periodical at first named The Christian Ambassador. In 1878 its scope was enlarged and its title changed to the PM Quarterly Review. This was in turn changed to the Holborn Review in 1910, an allusion to Holborn Hall which,through the initiative and generosity of Sir William P. Hartley,had just been acquired to serve the PM London headquarters. From the outset it was remarkably modern in spirit and influential in fostering liberal opinion in PM and in highlighting educational and cultural issues. Among its editors were Colin C. McKechnie, John Watson, H.B. Kendall and A.S. Peake. At Methodist Union in 1932 it was amalgamated with the WM London Quarterly Review.