This began in 1885 as a WM expression of the renewed stimulus to the Holiness and higher Christian life movement which emerged in Britain in the last quarter of the nineteenth century. With the exception of some wartime years it has continued as an annual gathering, and is now known as Summer Fire. The trustees own the land and property in Mornington Road given by the Wood family. Many leading figures have been associated with it over the years, not all of whom have been exponents of the distinctively WM position. There have always been strong links with Cliff College.