WM local preacher and from 1844 to 1846 Mayor of Maidenhead, was born in the town on 25 May 1800. In 1819 he became a chemist’s assistant in London. Like his father, in his youth he was ‘frivolous and foolish’ and seems to have had no Methodist connections. About a year after his marriage, when aged twenty-eight, he was converted at Windsor, his wife’s home town. He became a local preacher and through his efforts was mainly responsible for establishing Methodism in Maidenhead., where a chapel was opened in 1829, four years after preaching had begun in the Town Hall. He died at Windsor on 5 June 1867.