Wesley deaconess and local preacher, she was born on 1 April 1914 at *Liverpool. She began her working life as a hairdresser and was encouraged by the Rev. K. L. Waights to offer for the Wesley Deaconess Order in 1942. Ordained in 1947, she served at the Mint, Exeter, at Fordhouses, Wolverhampton and in the Manchester Mission, where she did outstanding work as an industrial chaplain. From 1971 to her retirement in 1977 she was Assistant Warden of the Order. Her lively personality, questioning mind and sense of humour enriched her ministry. She retired to Liverpool and then to Chesham, Bucks, where she died on 5 March 2000.