Missionary doctor, who qualified in Edinburgh and practised in Manchester and Arnside before going as a medical missionary to China in 1913. He built the 'Hospital of Universal Love', funded by Sir Joshua Waddilove of Bradford. Returning to Edinburgh in 1925, he was a member at Nicolson Square, then settled at Arnside in 1934. He was closely associated with the LPMAA and with the Laymen's Missionary Movement. He died on 17 March 1947.