This has been the newspaper of the Welsh-speaking WMs since 1877. Its coverage of local news of chapels and circuits and the activities of lay people freed Yr Eurgrawn Wesleyaidd to concentrate on more substantial articles. In 1910 it was retitled Y Gwyliedydd Newydd ('The New Watchman'). It was weekly until 1960, when it changed to fortnightly publication. In 1987 it was radically and attracrtively re-designed by its new editor, Owain Owain, and relaunched as a monthly, simply titled Gwyliedydd. From 1993 it has been published two-monthly. In addition to its news coverage, it also provides an outlet for short devotional and historical articles and comment on matters of contemporary concern.