Missionary to India, born on 14 March 1913 at Chedbury, Oxon. He was educated at Wadham College, Oxford and Wesley House, Cambridge. He served in the Madras District 1941-1947 and then in CSI. He was involved in education and village evangelism. He taught first in the Tirumaraiyur Theological Seminary and then with his second wife ) in the joint Tamil Nadu Theological Seminary in Madurai, where he also became involved in prison chaplaincy. He wrote several NT commentaries and received an honorary DD from Serampore University. He died at Bognor Regis on 20 April 1922.