Journalist son of a PM minister, Ernest D. Pigott (1882-1933; e.m. 1908). He worked on the staff of the Northampton Echo before joining the staff of the Methodist Recorder in 1954. He succeeded R.G. Burnett as editor in 1960 and retired at the end of 1979. In 1978 he edited the supplement on Wesley's Chapel to mark its reopening and bicentenary. He was a local preacher and contributed a weekly 'Christian Comment' feature to the Eastbourne Herald. He died on 25 January 1997, following an operation on a broken hip.