Tilden Boyne Bisseker (1877-1966; e.m. 1905) and Harry Bisseker (1878-1965; e.m. 1901), WM ministers, were the two of the four sons of Tilden John Bisseker (1852-1940), businessman of Handsworth, Birmingham. He was long associated with Aston Villa church, held many offices at local, circuit and connexional levels and was an outstanding local preacher. Two of his sons were killed in World War I.
Tilden Boyne Bisseker was educated at King Edward's School, Birmingham, worked for 12 years in his father's business and for some years was organist and choirmaster at Birmingham Central Hall. He trained for the ministry at Headingley College and served in Burma (now Myanmar) 1905-1912. He became a supernumerary in 1938 and died on 1 January 1966.
Harry Bisseker was born on 3 October 1878 and educated at King Edward's School, Birmingham and Jesus College, Cambridge. He served as chaplain at The Leys School and in the London (City Road) Circuit before becoming tutor in NT studies at Richmond College, 1910-1915. From 1919 to 1934 he was Headmaster of The Leys School. From 1934 to 1943 he was stationed in Cambridge 'without pastoral charge', became a supernumerary in 1943 and died at Harston, Cambs, on 27 November 1965. Both brothers had retired on health grounds.
'Mr. Bisseker was a teacher in the best sense of the word. His tall donnish figure, with flying gown and gathered books, certainly looked the part, and close acquaintance found one who was learned without pedantry, who could encourage and appreciate our feeble beginnings, and awaken eagerness such as might bear fruit down the years. We honoured him for his integrity; we loved him for his genial kindness and brotherliness; looking back, we can appraise the thoroughness, accuracy and the foundation character of the work we did in his classroom. There were no frills nor fancy theories, nor alluring speculations such as can easily make the New Testament interesting for those who may yet remain comparatively ignorant of it.'
L.W. Dickens, quoted in Frank H. Cumbers (ed.), Richmond College 1843-1943 (1944) p.116