WM architect of Wednesbury and Darlaston, born on 5 Februryr 1862. He served as a Wednesbury councillor, was the youngest mayor of Wednesbury in 1899 and became an alderman in 1925. He was one of the three directors of Nuts & Bolts (Darlaston) Ltd, incorporated 1912, which bought the Albion Works, Foster Street, Darlaston. His chapels tended to be in a late gothic style and included Becket Road WM (1899-1901), alterations to Bell Street PM (1908) and Slater Street PM (1909-1910), all in Darlaston; Wednesbury Road WM, Walsall (1899-1901); Trinity Congregational, Wednesbury (1904-5); and Wesley WM, Albert Road, Widnes (c.1904). Other buildings by him in Wednesbury included the Theatre Royal (1891), renamed the Hippodrome in 1910, the Imperial Picture House (1912), both in Upper High Street, and the Coronation Clock Tower in the Market Place (1911). He died on 18 April 1943.