PM Connexional printer in Leeds and local preacher for thirty-five years, born in Hull on 15 July 1809 to a Unitarian father of humble origins. He became a Primitive Methodist c.1831/32 and was an early member of its Hull tract visiting society. In December 1835 his employment as a letterpress printer took him to Halifax, from where he moved to Leeds in June 1837. He attended Rehoboth PM, Park Lane, opened in 1839, until 1861, when he was one of a group who took over Ann Carr’s chapel in the Leylands, later replaced by Byron Street PM. He died on 13 August 1871.