In 1867 Easebourne was included by the Bible Christians in their Liphook Mission, but they withdrew in 1873.
By 1881 a small group of Wesleyans, numbering three members and 35 'hearers', were meeting in a room over a public house in Duck Lane, Easebourne and built a chapel in Lutener Road the following year.
In the closing years of the century the Pocock brothers took stock of the area on the Sussex-Hampshire border and dubbed it the 'Methodist Wilderness'. In 1900 they persuaded the Second London District to launch the Surrey and North Hampshire Mission, bringing together four circuits (Guildford, Alton, Basingstoke and Petersfield) with 25 preaching places. Among the new chapels built in the area was North Street Church, Midhurst (1904) on a site gived by the Earl of Egmont. By then membership of the Midhurst society had grown to 59. Several generations of the Maides family were prominent among them.
In 1973 a scheme was launched for the enlargement and extension of the schoolroom and ancillary buildings, and these improvements were completed in 1976.