PM preacher, born at Wylam-on-Tyne and educated at Tanfield Church School. She began conducting evangelical missions throughout the north-east from 1888, when she was still 'little more than a girl'. and became an accredited PM local preacher in 1891. At times she acted as a hired local preacher and leading figure in Primitive Methodism, was virtually an itinerant, especially in the Stanley Circuit, where she stood in for the Superintendent, the Rev. Richard Robinson who had died, and at Chester-le-Street from 1903 to 1906. In that year she became the second wife of John E. Leuty (1855-1945; e.m. 1878/1891) and continued active both in his circuit work and beyond. In 1904 she was elected to the National Executive of the Christian Endeavour Council, which involved extensive travelling. She was the first organizing secretary of the PM Women's Missionary Federation, 1909-1919, and the founder and editor of its Year-Book. She was President of the Federation in 1919-1920. The missionary hospital at Ituk Mbang, Port Harcourt, Eastern Nigeria, was named after her. She was the first woman representative to the PM Conference, which she attended at least five times, and the only woman speaker at the Centenary camp meeting at Mow Cop in 1910.