One of the towns that now form Stoke-on-Trent. An MNC society was formed in 1798 and Mount Tabor chapel built in Park Street. When a larger chapel opened in Market Street in 1811, the old chapel was kept for the Sunday School. The whole was rebuilt in 1870. A WM chapel in Temple Street (1812) was rebuilt in 1873. China Street PM chapel, taken over by Congregational Methodists (a secession from the MNC) in 1843 was bought by the CofE in 1849. Further PM chapels were built in Whieldon Road (1860), Bourne Street (1878) and Victoria Road (1884, rebuilt 1904).