WM minister, born at Gainsborough. He trained at Headingley College and from 1901 to 1903 was Assistant Tutor at Handsworth College; then was President's Assistant in three successive years. In 1906 he succeeded George Jackson at the Edinburgh Mission and from 1913 to 1925 was Superintendent of the Birmingham Mission in succession to F.L. Wiseman. From 1925 until his retirement in 1941 he served as the Birmingham District Missioner. He died on 25 September 1950.