WM stained glass artist, the elder brother of the better known Frank O. Salisbury.
Born in Harpenden, Hertfordshire, his studios and workshops were in 50 Alma Road, St Albans with a gallery in Knightsbridge. He was largely self-trained and used traditional Gothic iconography and colouring schemes. His company continued after his death until about 1930. As a general rule, Methodist chapels were not dialled into stained glass in his heyday and the majority if his windows were for Anglican parish churches and cemetery chapels. Nevertheless, some pivotal Methodist institutions and churches were recipients of his windows including Kingswood School, The Leys School, Penarth Methodist Church, Penzance Methodist Church, Wesley's Chapel and Westminster College. A major article in the Methodist Recorder of 12 December 1912 on 'The art of the stained glass window' helped to change attitudes to stained glass within Methodism. His financial sponsorship of his younger brother, Francis O. Salisbury, enabled Frank to attend art schools and was pivotal in kick-starting his international career. He made Frank a partner in his stained glass company from 1898.